I have written numerous blogs and why reading to toddlers is a great activity filled with lots of benefits:
- Develops listening skills
- Expands their vocabulary
- Creates bonding opportunities
- Helps develop concentration
- Teaches life lessons and social development
Finding the time to read isn’t always easy, especially if you have more than one child. Bedtime is usually the best time to snuggle and curl up for some reading with your child. If you have already introduced bedtime reading to your toddler, then these words are very familiar to you, “One more story, PLEASE!”
So, answer them with sure, okay or of course. Why? Because I’m going to help you be their hero with a list of short stories for kids. Each one is about 5 minutes in length. That means you can read them a new book or the same one over again. Then, it’s lights out in less than 15 minutes.
- 5-Minute Snuggle Stories – Hardcover
- More Daniel Tiger 5-Minute Stories (Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood) -Hardcover
- Pete the Cat: 5-Minute Bedtime Stories: Includes 12 Cozy Stories! – Hardcover
- 5-Minute Modern-Day Bedtime Stories: For Building Character
- What Should Danny Do? (The Power to Choose Series)
Of course, I ‘d be remiss if I didn’t include a real story of royal proportions as a bonus listing. That would be Fairytale Baby Books …created by you, for you.
Enjoy the snuggles, and then put that extra time to use for yourself. Unfortunately, that doesn’t necessarily mean R & R when the laundry, dishes, or some other form of work awaits. But at least it will be uninterrupted by the pitter patter of little feet…hopefully!